Cub Scout Pack 685 is Chartered by the Fir Grove Elementary PTO, in Beaverton Oregon. This is within the Sunset Trail District, which is part of the Cascasde Pacific Council. Pack 685 has embraced “family scouting” and as such, we have both male and female registered youth members.
Each and every youth member is a scout, and every scout belongs to a Den. Each Den is comprised of boys or girls in (usually) the same grade in school. Dens are groups of scouts that work on age-appropriate activities, with the goal to earn rank advancements. Starting in Kindergarten (and running through 5th-grade) the ranks are: Lion, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, and Arrow of Light. Den Meetings are run by our Den Leaders, who are usually active and involved parents. All of our families are encouraged to attend Den meetings and to help our our Den Leaders whenever possible!
All of our Dens combine together to make up our Pack. Our Pack meetings are run by our Cubmaster, who (along with other adult volunteers) use each Pack meeting to make announcements, celebrate our scouts’ accomplishments and advancements, and foster relationships between the scouts in different Dens. All families are encourage to join us for Pack meetings!
Meetings are every Tuesday (during the school year) starting at 7:00 pm. Most meetings and events are held at the Fir Grove Elementary School. The first and third Tuesdays are usually den meetings, and the fourth Tuesday is usually a Pack meetings.
Our scouting program offers elementary-school-aged youth many amazing opportunities. Some of the highlights from our yearly calendar include:
- Scouting for Food (a national BSA-sponsored food drive)
- Snow Day (inner-tubing down the slopes of Mt. Hood)
- Blue & Gold Banquet (celebrate the birthday of the BSA with dinner and a show!)
- Pinewood Derby (build a custom car and race it with your friends)
- Overnighters (sleep at places like the Oregon Zoo, the OMSI submarine, and the Evergreen Aviation Museum)
- Family Camping (come explore the outdoors with us)
- Rocketry Day (build a rocket to launch – it’s a blast!)
- Summer Camp (every scouts’ favorite)
Interested? Have questions? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org